Profitability: The Rewards Of A Profitable Fast
What You Should Have In Mind:
It’s important we constantly remind ourselves that fasting is a scriptural exercise. Also, that fasting is spiritual does not in any way mean that once we embark on it profitability is guarantee. As I stated on my previous post that, there are things that we need to know and practice during our fast. These things enables us freely carry out fast that its profitability is assuredly guaranteed. And one of such thing is the constant realization of the fact that fasting must be done to please God.
God Should Notice Our Fast:
According to Jesus’ teaching on this subject matter recorded in Matthew 6:16-18, fasting should be done unto the Lord. The implication of this is that anytime we fast; we should crave for God to notice our fast not men. This is because a day of fasting is an acceptable day unto the Lord. As a matter of fact, this is an aspect of fasting that Jesus came to correct. Fasting must be a secret spiritual transaction between the individual concerned and God. Therefore, anything that will make people suspect or second guess that you are fasting should be dealt with without delay.
The Prophetic Declarations:
The Holy Spirit tells us through Prophet Isaiah that our fast can only be profitable when it reflects God’s values and ethics. What motivates these are the fivefold enthusiastic desire to liberate those who are oppress. To share our resources with the needy, provide shelter to the homeless; supply clothing to the naked. And also, to stop or refrain from accusing and condemning others.
Once we create a spiritual atmosphere that guarantees the profitability of our fast, we can expect the following eight things to happen in our lives according to Isaiah 58:8-11.
Related topic: How To Carry Out A Profitable Fast
- Expect your light to break forth [V8], given that Jesus said we’re the light of the world. “8Then shall thy light break forth as the morning…”
How do you know that your light has broken forth on every side? People will begin to notice you; they will begin to accept you; people will begin to seek your counsel. Also, people will begin to pick keen interest in what you’re doing. Something about you changes that makes people start feeling attracted to you. Also read Isaiah 58:10.
Don’t miss to read this interesting teaching: The Quest For Freedom
- Expect all round healing to spring forth speedily, as you are established in divine health [V8]. 8… thine health shall spring forth speedily…”
- Expect an expansion of the scope of divine protection around your life, family and property. This is guaranteed by an avalanche of God’s Presence / glory [V8]. 8…the glory of the lord shall be thy rereward”.
- Expect speedy and uninterrupted answers and manifestation of answers to your prayers [V9]. 9Then shalt thou call, and the lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, here i am…”
You May Also Like To Read This Teaching: Is God Truly A Consuming Fire
- Expect continuous divine guidance [V11]. 11And the LORD shall guide thee continually…”
- Expect supernatural satisfaction in the midst of difficulties / hardship / recession. This kind of satisfaction speaks of refreshing in the midst of dryness [V11]. 11… and satisfy thy soul in drought…”
- Expect supernatural strength that will affect you physically and spiritually [V11]. 11 And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and MAKE FAT THY BONES: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
- Expect uncommon productivity [V11]. 11… and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not”.
What Your Focus Should Be:
As you embark on a fast, God wants you to know that you need to fix your heart on these expectations. Hence, once you fix your eyes on these things your fast can never be in vain. Here, these eight expectations are scriptural and they are yours to grab. So go ahead and lay claim on them as you fast.
I’m certain that you have been blessed by this post. Please, feel free to leave your comment and share with others.
You are deeply loved, highly favoured and greatly blessed because you are God’s righteousness in Christ, and a life-giving spirit just like Jesus.
Jesus Is Lord!
Try and catch up with the next episode on this site.
BY Pastor Prosper Anang
Get to know more about Pastor Prosper by visiting his blog www.ncrealities.wordpress.com
He is the proprietor of Repsorp Company – Printing/Publishing & Literary Consultancy.
Visit our facebook page Talking Christianity here and like our page.
Watch our street interviews on Christian matters here and do subscribe